Day 185 - Prayers: Access To God
Read: Psalm 143; Proverbs 6:20-24; Revelation 4; 2 Samuel 11-12

Reading Psalm 143 is so inspiring. It contains beautiful prayers for supplication, serenity and safety  (3'S'). Let's look at each verse:
v1a) Lord, I seek Your attention (asking Him to give ear to my supplications)
v1b) I ask You to answer my prayers (v7) speedily
v2) I pray that You do not bring judgment to Your servant for no one living is righteous before You
v7) O Lord, please do not hide Your face from me
v8) Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning for I trust You
v8b) Cause me to know the way I should go for I lift up my soul to You
v9) Deliver me from my enemies for in You I take shelter
v10) Teach me to do Your will for You are my God
v10b) May Your good Spirit lead me in the land of uprightness
v11) Revive and bring me out of trouble for Your name & righteousness' sake
v12) In Your mercy, cut off my enemies & destroy all those who afflict my soul for I am Your servant. Amen.

May we continue to read God's Words covering psalms, proverbs, New Testament and Old Testament as suggested above. We must not neglect each and every part of the Bible. We cannot selectively read the Bible. Like today, by just reading the Psalms, we can learn how King David prayed and thus spur us not to forget to pray and intercede for our nations, neighbours and new friends whom we meet that we will impact, influence and invite them to have this intimate relationship with our beloved Jesus Who is our great High Priest, Who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet He did not sin and hence let us then approach His throne of grace with confidence (means pray) that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Hebrews 4:15-16) http://twitter.com/EstherOngHC #devotion #prayers #intercession #confidence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog